Here is a fun fact for people with green eyes – Green eyes are less than 2% of the world’s population. They are the only eye color that changes colors- more blue, more grey, more green depending on the weather and mood. If you have green eyes, you probably consider them one of your best features. However, it can sometimes be difficult to make them stand out. You might be looking for ways to make your green eyes more of a “wow” factor. Here are several steps on how you can take your green eyes to the next level.
Purple flatters every eye color (which is true), but it’s beyond gorgeous on green eyes. It goes back to the color wheel. Green’s complementary color is red, so any shadow with red undertones really makes green eyes pop. Lavender, violet, copper- no shade is off limits. Follow these 8 easy steps to create that wow factor you have been looking for.
- Prim lid with Mac pro longwear paint pot in painterly.
- Use Mac “soft brown” matte eye shadow. This is a neutral tone which is perfect for a base shadow.
- In the crease of the eye, use a copper color like “coppering” Mac veluxe pearl. Copper (red,orange) is opposite green on the color wheel. This will cause the green to pop or give that wow factor.
- Use the same copper eye shadow to line the bottom lid.
- Use “Shadow Lady” Mac matte eyeshadow for the end crease toward the outer corner and work towards the middle of the eye at an angle
- Clean away any fall out powder and clean the shadow line using a brush and foundation.
- Line eyes with Ellis Faas E103 creamy eyeliner on the top and inner lid.
- Put mascara on the top and bottom lashes and apply individual lashes.