Wearing fake eyelashes can really make your makeup pop! They add instant glam to any look, but applying them can be a tedious task. They always manage to lift on the edges, or poke your eye at some point. So I wanted to share with you how I have learned to master applying my fake eyelashes with individual lashes. The individual lashes come in various lengths, so make sure to pick out the length you feel most comfortable with. Here is my step by step process:
- Make sure your eyelashes are clean from any remaining glue or makeup debris and brushed out using a spoolie.
- Remove your individual lash from the container. Handle each individual lash with tweezers. Try to grasp the lash in the center to ensure a stronger grip and a better application.
- Squeeze a dab of your favorite lash glue out, dip the individual lash end into the glue. Don’t apply too much glue. Just a dab to the end so that it is coated, but not saturated.
- Let the glue dry for about 30 seconds or until it is tacky. If you apply the lash too soon, the glue can be slippery and move around your eye, so you want the glue to be tacky before application.
- Hold a mirror in the best position that allows you to see the placement of your lashes. Once you find the right angle, apply your eyelashes using your tweezers to the area you want to emphasize.
- Keep adding the individual lashes until they are full enough for your liking. Take your time, don’t rush. This process is a bit longer, but it is worth it in the end.
- Once you finish the entire application and you see that they are all positioned well, allow them to dry for about 20- 30 seconds before moving on to any additional eye makeup you need to apply.
If you give my eyelash application steps a try, I would love to hear about your experience and if it helped you at all. I know it can be a bit of a scary makeup task, but the more you practice, the better you will be. I found individual lashes to be easier to apply than a full strip of lashes. So this is the perfect initial step to mastering fake eyelash application.