I am literally Disney OBSESSED! It was only suiting for me to do a Disney themed Halloween costume in 2014 and who better to dress up as than Maleficent.
This is how I created my Maleficent inspired costume:
You can save yourself money if you have a black maxi dress and heels.
- Cape: I rented a cape at a local costume store for $25 for 3 days but you can purchase one similar on amazon.
- Heels: Were purchased at Charlotte Russe for $34.99 plus they had a sale!
- Staff: I purchased on amazon
- Choker: The choker was handmade with a stretchy vinyl like material purcased at
- Gloves: I purchased the gloves on amazon which included the ring.
- Dress: The maxi dress was purchased at Charlotte Russe on clearance for $24.99 try this one.
- Horns: I purchased on amazon for $15.99 with free shipping.
Now onto Maleficent costume makeup:
- Eyes: To create the exact look I was going for it was all in the makeup. One just cant be the best villain without those spooky, hypnotizing eyes. You can purchase greenish yellow contacts or use your natural eyes like I have here. To recreate the hypnotizing eyes Angelina Jolie’s had in the movie posters I enhanced the look by a strip of false eyes lashes, black eye-liner from Benefit, and extremely arched eyebrows.
- Cheek bones: For the cheek bones you can purchase prosthetic cheek bones (which I was unable to find at the time) or you can go very heavy and harsh on your contouring to create those gaga-esque chiseled cheek bones.
- Skin: For the perfect pale skin I used a foundation color from make up forever paler than my natural skin tone and applied it with wet sponge.
- Lips: For lips as red as blood you can purchase Macs lipglass as I have here or for a longer lasting lip color you can purchase a pair of blood red temporary lip tattoos
- Makeup suggestion: Check out Macs Maleficent line of makeup for some easy go to colors.
Looking for the ring .. where did you purchase it from or are you willing to sell yours
Where did you purchase the ring from ? Are you willing sell the one you have in the photos. I’m an event planner and am always looking to do authentic costumes