Walt Disney World is a place where dreams come true. If you couldn’t tell by now, Orlando and Disney are my second home. I went to Disney for the first time at the age of twenty and have managed to go at least two times a year ever since. Every time you walk through the gates it’s like you’ve transported into this land of magic and joy with everyone greeting you telling you to have a magical day! You want to wear the mickey ears and meet all your favorite characters and as a grown child that feeling never goes away. I had to get my Mickey ears before going to Magic Kingdom, but this time i had to personalize it. Apparently you aren’t allowed to use a hashtag or @ symbol when embroidering them. Of course me being the crazy dog lady I took out my phone and I had to explain how The House of Sequins was for my dog bear and obviously they had to check out his instagram. What Disney outfit is complete without doing a couple of jewelry changes throughout the day with my favorite Disney Couture line. The Minnie Mouse Bow Crystal Necklace is absolutely adorable. Keeping up with the Minnie theme, the Disney Minnie Mouse Crystal Cocktail Ring is so cute and matches the necklace perfectly. If you’re more of a Cinderella girl, go for the Disney Cinderella Dreams Bangle. It’s the perfect accessory to show off the princess you truly are and let the sun sparkle off it as if it was a tiara. For those of you who are more of a Lion King fan, the Hakuna Matata Disney Lion King Bangle is right up your alley. Channel your inner Simba and let out your roar.
Treats at Magic Kingdom
While making your way through the wondrous world of Magic Kingdom, you tend to work up an appetite and seeing all the savory creations in the bakery windows will bring the sweet tooth out of everyone. For those of us who skip breakfast because we’re too excited to get to the park, head over to Gaston’s Tavern in Frontier Land to fuel up for the day ahead. You can’t go wrong with the warm cinnamon roll and for $4.49 you will definitely get your money’s worth. This thing is not only delicious but it’s ginourmous!
I highly recommend/force everyone to try the Pineapple Dole Whip. It’s definitely one of my favorites and a park tradish to get every time I go. When the sun is beaming down the best thing to do is get a nice cold drink or stop by an ice cream shop but if you can’t decide which to choose why not have both? The Pineapple Dole Whip Cup is the best of both worlds. Pineapple soft serve ice cream on top while ice cold pineapple juice waits its turn at the bottom of the cup. Satisfy all your needs for only $4.19 at Aloha Isle.
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Let’s say you’re dying for some hard ice cream. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is the place for you. Serving Edy’s ice cream in a cone, sundae, float or sandwich you can’t go wrong. I couldn’t resist the ice cream sandwich. My favorite ice cream flavor in between two warm fresh baked cookies for $5.29 is a quick way to my heart.
Main Street Bakery
After a long day at Magic Kingdom has come to an end, a little pick me up is needed for sure. Something sweet and full of sugar to wake myself back up. I decided to try the new cake pops from Main street Bakery for the first time and let’s just say OMG I will be getting this blue sugar goodness every time. With different selections and flavors you won’t be disappointed. $4.95 later I was as good as new with a new favorite treat to come back for.
Besides all the magic and wonder of Magic Kingdom, there are endless rides for you thrill seekers with the newest addition being the Seven Dwarfs Mine train where you race through the diamond mine in this new swaying roller coaster. I recommend this being the first ride you go when the park first opens due to the lines being up to a 230 minute wait! That ride might not be one for the adrenaline junkies but don’t worry I didn’t forget about you. There are a couple roller coasters that will keep you on your toes. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is one of them and before the coaster starts, make sure to secure your personal belongings like glasses or hats. The last thing you want is your favorite mickey ears to fly off and be lost forever. If you’re daring enough to take on the dark and twisty Space Mountain, do yourself a favor and avoid eating before it. It may not be the most intense ride, but it sure will make your stomach turn a little. When you’ve exuberated your adventurous side for the day, make sure you stop by Monsters Inc Laughing Floor. This interactive attraction is sure to give bring a smile to your face and a few belly laughs. FYI this is one of my favorite attractions at the park.
Magic Kingdom is a place you will never forget so make sure to make the most of it and go about it the right way. To help your trip be as fabulous as can be, here’s a few tips:
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes. You’re going to be spending the whole day walking around the park so wearing six inch heels may not be the best choice and check the weather before leaving your hotel. Wear a tanktop to stay cool or wrap a light sweater around your waist in case Elsa gets a hold of the park.
- If you like a little mystery and competition, try and find the hidden mickeys around magic kingdom. They’re hidden all around the park including on the rides, on the signs and even in the water you walk over. *Hint Hint* On the sign at Peter Pan’s Flight, take a closer look at the clouds…
- Make a reservation for breakfast at Crystal Palace or Be Our Guest Restaurant to get into the park 30 min early and avoid all those crazy lines at the entrance of the park.
- When planning a trip to Disney it’s a good idea to check the calendar to see when their down times are. The parks get extremely crowded during their peak times and you could spend half your day on lines. Try to go during the down times to get the best experience you can.
- Try and bring a towel from the hotel if possible. The towel can be of more than one use. To dry off after plummeting down Splash Mountain, to be a seat while watching the parade, or to dry off the water ride seat from the person before you.