Ibiza isn’t ALL about partying; Just maybe about 90% of it. Make sure you wander out and explore as much authentic culture as you possibly can in your time away to soak in the true Spanish culture that Ibiza has to offer.
Arrivals and Departures
After flying into Ibiza airport the quickest way into the city is via taxi for 14€. You’ll be at the beach in less than 10 minutes and ready to enjoy your amazing vacation. On a budget? Hop on a bus for only €2 and you can use the money saved on all the food or fun activities Ibiza has to offer.
Getting Around Ibiza
There are designated taxi stops located around the city which is both good and bad. You can’t just hop in a cab on the side of the road but if you ask your hotel they will call one for you. Taxi journeys are charged on a meter and the rough costs on taxi’s from Playa d’en Bossa are about €20 to Ibiza town and €30 to San Antonio. Keep in mind that between mid July and mid September is the busy time in Ibiza and taxi lines can be very long.
If you are going rent a car do so in advance and have it ready and waiting for you at the airport. You can quickly reach all the islands resorts on the motorway, Although do remember all the signs are written in Catalan, the local language, so Ibiza becomes Eivissa and San Antonio becomes Sant Antoni.
Catching the bus can be as low as €2 per journey. All current routes and times can be found on the webpage of Ibizabus.
Tropicana Coastal Suites
Address: Carrer de la Deessa Tanit, 10, 07817 Playa d’en Bossa, Ibiza
– The hotel has a few other locations on the beach in Ibiza which they allow you access to use all of their properties and amenities.
– When your addicted to your cell phone like I am it is amazing to have free wifi at all of there locations.
– It’s only about a three minute walk to the beach.
– They provided free sunblock behind the bar all you have to do is ask.
– It is a quite hotel so if your looking to relax a bit without having a ton of people around you it’s great.
– They make excellent cocktails with fresh ingredients and they look good as well.
– On Saturday in front of the Santos hotel ( there sister hotel ) a women was collecting 10€ each to lay on the beach chairs. If you lay around the pool it is free
– Bring a bottle of water with you to brush your teeth. The water in the rooms are salt water. It’s kinda like showering at the beach!
– They don’t offer much as far as food. They have light snacks such as a hot dog and popcorn for 8€ which was not worth the price.
– If you are looking for a full continental American breakfast with eggs and meat this breakfast is not for you! It is a very light breakfast and in my opinion not worth it.
Ibiza Harbor & San Antonio
If you are looking for the perfect sunset view and a cold drink, head over to San Antonio! You won’t be disappointed.
For some good shopping and views head over to Ibiza town. Grab a cocktail and do one of my favorite activities, people watching! Do not plan to do any clothing shopping on a Sunday as all the stores are closed so make sure you plan your scheduling around this.
Walk up to the top of Eivissa historic landmark at some point during your trip for some of the best views of Ibiza!
Best Places to Eat & Drink
This local Med/Mex street style food joint is open till 6am. Perfect for that quick bite to eat after a night out. We chowed down on nachos with guacamole and made it there for happy hour . They offered two for one margaritas during Happy Hour which is from 8pm-10pm.
Address: Carrer de les Alzines, 07817 Eivissa, Illes Balears, Spain
Great for a nice sit down meal or a super quick take away pizza.
Address: Calle Begones, 20, 07817 Platja d’en Bossa, Illes Balears, Spain
For only 15€ it’s a all you can eat Argentinian style steak house. Which include salad, bread, creole sausage, Argentinian black pudding, skirt steak, flank steak, and baby back ribs. Definitely a must go to restaurant! My favorite of all my eats in Ibiza. From the tender flavorful meats to the salad dressing. Each bite of that meal was pure perfection. Don’t worry, if you don’t finish all the meat they bring out, they offer it for you to go! Hands down the best customer service at a restaurant in Ibiza.
Address: Crrer De Les Alzines 4, 07800, Ibiza, Spain
El Mojito Bar
I am not one for mojito’s but let me tell you, this passion fruit mojito pictured on the right made with fresh fruits is worth every sip!
Address: Alzines 4 Local 8 | Calle Luci Oculaci 34, 07818, Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain
Santos Ibiza Pool Side Bar
If you head over to the Santos hotel I highly recommend trying the caesar salad with chicken and French fries. If you love creamy salad dressing as much as I do, well this salad is for you. It’s really hard to find a good creamy salad dressing in Europe but Santos has perfected it for Europe!
Address: Calle Bruc, 3, 07817 Playa d´en Bossa, Illes Balears, Spain
OBSESSED with the chicken tacos. They are more on the pricey side at 17 euros for 3 small tacos but worth every euro! We also enjoyed a pitcher of sangria & nachos with guacamole.
Two appetizers and 1 liter of sangria it was approximately 55€ for 2
Address: Carrer de Vara del Rey, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears, Spain
For a Great Sunset View
One of the most stunning views Ibiza has to offer is the Sunset Strip in San Antonio. It is home to endless bars and restaurants to watch the sun go down on the island that never sleeps. Be sure to check out Cafe Del Mar, Mambos and Savannah.
Cafe Del Mar
From 6pm onward they have a drink and food minimum per person charge of 45 euros to sit on the dock to watch the sunset. It was well worth the money! We only spent 71€ and didn’t make us reach the minimum which was very nice of them! We enjoyed a pitcher of White sangria, Pepperoni pizza, and chicken satay.
Address: Calle Vara de Rey, 27, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears, Spain
Clubs & Drinking
One of the liveliest places to be in Playa D’en Bossa. Bora Bora daytime parties at Ibiza Jet Apartments are notorious for table dancing, DJs all day long and vodka slushies.
If you are looking to do a little clubbing head to the world’s most awarded club since 1989. Space Ibiza is a living legend in itself that continues to make ravers jaws drop.
For all of you who love a free party. Make yourself well acquainted with Jet Apartments, Sands and Sirocco beach for free daytime parties that go on until the early evening.
If you love David Guetta he is playing every Monday until August 29th at Ushuaia. Tickets are approx 55€
– Make sure to carry euros. All taxis do not accept credit cards. We learned the hard way!
– Before heading to the beach or your hotel, head to the supermarket for water. Water at a restaurant or hotel is around 4-6€ for a small bottle. At the corner store you can buy a large bottle for 1€.
– If you are looking to go to clubs you can buy discount admission tickets on about every street corner or from club promoters on the beach.
– The average cocktail price was around 12€ each.
– If you are going to the beach to relax be prepared for club promoters to come up to you non stop and sell you club passes as well as people trying to sell knock off sunglasses and hats.
Sounds fun! Thanks for the tips
This is great info!!!
Love the detailed info for whenever I make it to Ibiza. Hope you sang that Mike Posner song the whole way there.
I’ve always wanted to travel to Ibiza. It looks like so much fun!! I love your white swimsuit and your floppy hat. I just got a similar one in the mail yesterday & can’t wait to wear it. Safe travels!
xO – Steph
Love this, Ibiza is on my bucket list and these tips are amazing! Looked like a blast!
Wow, sounds so amazing and your detailed post is so perfect!! Thank you so much for sharing. Sounds like the hubs and I need to book a trip to Ibiza!!
You are a total babe! Great post! Looks like you had so much fun. I loved watching your snaps! I’m sure bear is happy is mom is home 😉 xo
Love the detailed post!!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! xo ~Anna http://www.pepperedinstyle.com
So halfway through I wanted to stop reading because I was THAT jealous!!! This sounds like an amazing trip and an amazing place to visit!! Your pictures look incredible and your skin is to die for 🙌🏻
I LOVED this post!! All of your suits/outfits are stunning and on point per usual!! The food looked DELICIOUS! I can’t wait to visit! xo
Oh my! I want to hop on a plane!
This sounds and looks dreamy!!! And, look at you and your hot bod 🔥🔥 love those swimsuits!!
It looks so gorgeous there!