Tips on how to make your foundation look flawless with Meika from Truth and Beauty
1. Beauty blender.
A side note: When picking out a beauty blender you should look for a egg-shaped sponge. They have much smaller pores than your usual drugstore wedge sponges, which means they soak up less product and create a smoother, more natural finish while using less foundation.
How to use: You can use these as an initial applicator, but Bell likes to use them as a last step to create a natural, even finish. “Once you’ve painted your foundation base, roll over every corner of your face with either end of a slightly damp beauty blender to take off excess pigment and create this very sheer, almost BB-like look but with a polished pro finish,” she says.
2. Use a brush.
When I first started playing around with make up I would use my fingers to apply foundation. I then found out that it was making my skin uneven. Make sure to use a brush for an even, flawless finish. Start by buffing you’re foundation into the skin with light, circular motions. This technique also lets you use less product and build coverage, since it’s easier to add more foundation than to take off excess.
3. Apply foundation everywhere. No, really. Everywhere.
You have probably heard that you need to blend foundation past your jawline and onto the neck, but if your décolletage is showing, you’ll want to blend the color there too. Plus, don’t forget the ears! Fair-skinned complexions in particular are susceptible to redness on the ears.
Here are some of the step’s Meika used today to achieve this look. For more information head into Truth and Beauty!
- Prime the eye lids with eye shadow primer.
- Apply a mauve eye shadow in the crease.
- Apply dark brown eye shadow in the outer corners of the lid.
- Add a light shimmer to the lid.
- Fill in the brows with Kevyn Aucoin Brow Pencil in brunette.
- Highlight the brow bone with concealer.
- Draw a winged eye liner with black gel pencil.
- Apply black mascara.
- Apply lashes. I used Lilly lashes.
- Pick a lighter and a darker concealer or foundation for highlighting and contouring. The further away from your complexion the more dramatic it will be. Then apply your regular foundation over it and blend together (applying the highlight and contour under the foundation gives more of a natural blend )
- Apply bronzer and blush.
- Highlight the cheek bones.
- Add your favorite lipstick.
Great tips ! Can you. Relieve I haven’t used a beauty blender yet ?
The color palette
Such great tips, thanks so much for sharing and your makeup is flawless! Gorgeous!
Brooke || http://www.kbstyled.com
My beauty blender is a must have for a flawless finish!
Such great tips! I don’t use foundation but really need to try it, especially with a brush. You look flawless!
Always flawless lady!
I’m so glad you posted this! I don’t wear foundation but have GOT to learn to do it before my aborad wedding this summer. Thank you for sharing!
Well this is amazing!! I am so not skilled at make up, and this is so helpful!
I totally needed these tips! Need to actually USE my beauty blender. 😉
These are great tips. You really do look FLAWLESS!
I definitely needed these tips!!
Gorgeous job! I love the fooundation and contour.
Your make up is always on point! Def trying these tips