So as you all know, I don’t know much about make-up or beauty but I do go to a place that definitely does! I started going to Truth and Beauty Spa in Roslyn about 2 and half years ago and ever since then I haven’t gone anywhere else for make-up, eye brows, facial and laser. It is literally a one stop shop for all us local gals! What drew me in to even try going there was they offer a package for only $150 every month which included eye brow shaping, a 30 minute facial and a small area for laser hair removal. How could I go wrong since a 30 minute facial normally cost about $150 anyway. When I first went in they give a digital skin analysis of my overall skin health and who is not scared to see that? My personal beauty coach went over my results and showed me photos of my skin damage. We went over texture, red spots, brown spots, wrinkles, clogged pores, and any of my skin concerns. I was compared to thousands of women in my age group and put on a regimen to get my skin in its best condition. Check back next week in my Truth & Beauty – beauty series as I show you my moment of truth!
If you follow me on snapchat or instagram stories, you know I get my makeup done every week. I figured what better way to show what I am doing by starting a beauty section on the blog. Make sure to check out Truth & Beauty in Roslyn and leave a comment below if you are looking for any tips or tricks and before and after results.
Today’s eye makeup is inspired by Victoria’s secret 2016 runway show and model Adriana Lima. This is how Zoraida achieved this look:
1. Prep your skin with moisturizer
2. Prep the entire skin with Celestial Skin from Kevyn Aucoin in candle light, giving the skin a really glowing effect.
3. Apply a base foundation with a beauty blender. For foundation I used Ellis Faas foundation S106L.
4. Color correct the area underneath the eye, using Concealer Switchbox 2 by Enter Pronoun. Using the peach color which is 1 of 3 different colors in the Concealer Box.
5. Highlighting T Zone, and the area under the eyes, using the Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer SX07.
6. Use beauty blender to blend the highlights into the complexion.
7 . Contour along the cheek bone, jaw line, above the nose and the forehead using the Ellis Faas in S107.
8. Add cream blush to cheeks. We used Kevyn Aucoin the creamy glow.
9. Set only the highlighted areas with powder. We used Ellis Faas powder S102.
10. Set all the contoured areas with bronzer. We used Kevyn Aucoin Desert Nights Bronzer.
11. Fill in brows using brow pencil. We used Kevyn Aucoin Brow Pencil in brunette.
12. Highlighting underneath the eyes using the same product as in step 5.
13. Using the same powder as the one to contour the skin, placing the eye shadow understand the lid of the eye.
14. On the brow lid, applly Kevyn Aucon Candlelight Celestial Power.
15. Place Kevyn Aucoin Shimmering Wheat Eye Shadow Duo all over the eye lid.
16. Tight line along the lashes using black eye liner.
17 . We used Ellis Faas black gel eyeliner to do a thin cat eye.
18. Using black eyeshadow to smoke out the cat eye.
19. Using the same Shimmering Wheat under bottom lash line.
20. Apply black mascara to top and bottom lashes.
21. For extra highlight use Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight.
22. Appply short medium and long lashes. Make sure to use dark glue.
23. Line lips with peach liner and add your favorite shimmer lip-gloss. I used Kevyn Aucoin Nerinese.